In accordance with federal, state and local law, the School will follow certain screening mechanisms on all applicants for employment with LEAP Academy, to ensure we hire the highest quality faculty and staff, and to assure compliance with state and federal law.
- The Lead Person or his/her designee will receive all applications for employment with LEAP Academy, and will conduct all initial screening interviews. Final recommendations for hiring of for all non-faculty and non-staff positions will be made by the Lead Person or his/her designee. The Board of Trustees will make final decisions for hiring.
- All employees must comply with the Immigration Reform and Control Act by producing original acceptable documents which establish the identity and eligibility to work of every newly hire individual. An appropriate LEAP Academy representative will explain what documents are acceptable at your employment orientation. Additionally, all employees must provide updated eligibility information when requested.
- The Lead Person or his/her designee or his/her designee will make reasonable efforts to secure employment references on all applicants for employment. LEAP Academy may conduct follow-up background checks on an employee at any time.
- The School will grant reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities, both in the interview process, and during actual employment, in accordance with applicable law.
- There shall be no discrimination, and all practices, procedures, and policies of the School shall clearly exemplify that there is no discrimination in the hiring, training, assignment, promotion, transfer or discipline of faculty and staff or in the application or administration of policies on the basis of the protected groups set forth in LEAP Academy’s Equal Employment Opportunity policy.
Faculty and staff
- The Lead Person or his/her designee will receive all applications for employment with LEAP Academy, and will conduct all initial-screening interviews. Successful candidates will then be referred to the Personnel Committee of the Board of Trustees for review and selection.
- LEAP Academy will screen all applicants, including conducting a criminal background check through the New Jersey Department of Education.
- All faculty and staff members must hold an appropriate, current New Jersey teaching certification when required by the position.
- All successful candidates’ offer of employment may be contingent upon successful completion of a physical examination conducted by their primary physician. Candidates will be required to submit evidence of a physical examination within one month of employment. Failure to complete the medical examination successfully may be considered a failure to satisfy a condition of the offer of employment, and the offer may be withdrawn.